Handling Back Pain Caused By a Car Accident

After being involved in a car accident, you may not feel any immediate effects. Perhaps you’ll walk away from the scene of the accident feeling fine for a few days. After those days pass, however, you could begin to feel back pain. If you are concerned about back pain following a car accident, there are some things you should do immediately.

Visit Your Physician

If the injury has you in so much pain it’s debilitating, you might want to check in to the emergency room at your local hospital. If it’s minimal pain, you may be able to contact your primary care physician for a checkup. In either case, seek medical attention as soon as possible. What might feel mild today could feel worse tomorrow and even worse the next day. Immediate medical attention could also help you in a case against the driver responsible for the accident.

Contact the Insurance Company

You may have already contacted the other driver’s insurance company to inform them of a possible claim, but now that you’ve discovered an injury, it will change the situation. You don’t have to explain the situation or offer a settlement, but you should let them know your claim might be larger because of your accident.

Visit a Chiropractor

Many back injuries are safely and effectively treated by a chiropractor. If you regularly visit the chiropractor, you could already have someone in mind. If not, look for a chiropractor who is licensed to work in your state and who has good reviews from people in the community. Be sure the chiropractor understands you were just in a car accident, as that could alter the way he or she treats your injuries.

Start an Accident File

You’ll want to keep a file of every document related to your accident. This includes medical reports, medical bills, the police report, and any other pertinent information. If you were able to get photographs of the scene of the accident, be sure you have copies of those as well. You could also include insurance information for both you and the other driver, as well as contact information for any witnesses.

Contact Your LawyerAnother important party to contact when you begin to feel back pain after a car accident is an attorney, like a car accident attorney in Scottsdale, AZ from Yearin Law Office. He or she can help you work through the case, ensuring you are being fairly dealt with by the insurance company, and filing a lawsuit against the responsible party if it comes to that. Contact a lawyer today for more information.